Nearly half of the world lives on less than $2 per day and 80% of the world lives on less than $10 per day. Chances are, you have more than enough, but need to change your perspective and make different choices.
Let’s dust off the cobwebs and clear the skeletons out of your money closet. Imagine me dressed as Glenda the Good Witch, instructing you to tap the heels of your ruby slippers and—poof!— you’re free from the stress of not having enough and dancing in the land of abundance.
Now here are some practical tips to make this reality.
- Walk through your home and examine everything you have.
- Make a list of all your tangible stuff starting with your closet: look carefully at each jacket, sweater, shirt, purse and shoes. Move onto your bookshelves and list your books and CDs/DVDs, and consider all the stuff in your attic or storage.
- Highlight what you absolutely must have. Anything left over means you have excess.
- Give thanks that you have more than enough.
- With an abundance mindset, think about what you really value.
- Align your money with your values. If you value financial security, don’t buy that extra sweater that you really don’t need. If you value travel, maybe you can eat at home more and sock away towards your goals.
- Celebrate. Share the news that you came home empty-handed from the store. Celebrate the dinner that you made at home instead of eating out. Celebrate every dollar you are choosing to save with an abundance dance.
Remember you are enough!
For more practical tips to creating an abundant life, get or give your copy of The Abundance Loop: 8 Steps to Manifest Conscious Wealth by Juliana Park.