An excerpt taken from The Abundance Loop: 8 Steps to Manifest Conscious Wealth by Juliana Park.
If your home office or the corner desk where you pay your bills is a disaster, your finances may well follow suit. When you can calm the chaos of your physical space, you feel more inclined to bring that peace into your financial affairs as well. Here are some practical tips to help bring out the tidy person lurking inside you:
- Consciously go through your desk and boxes with an attitude of gratitude as you clean them up.
- When throwing away receipts or filing them, say: “I truly enjoyed that meal with my friend,” or “that new scarf made me feel warm and confident when I wore it last week.”
- When putting away coffee mugs, pens, and other things, say, “I am happy to have an organized home.”
- Take two minutes each week to clear out the receipts from your purse or wallet.
- When you have paper money, don’t crumple it up. Make a habit to treat money well and line up the bills neatly in your wallet.
- Take five minutes at the end of the day to straighten up or sort through one pile of paperwork, and then congratulate yourself for doing so. Create a ritual around clearing a little bit each day.
- Toss any scraps of paper or envelopes you don’t need, and throw away any pens that don’t work well, reminding yourself that these items have served their purpose.
- If you have items in your office or house you no longer need, donate them to charity. Tell yourself as you pack up the box of items to give away: I enjoyed having this item, and I am glad to share it with another person.
- Notice the difference you feel in the energy of a place that is clean and organized. Be grateful for your tidy space.
For more practical tips on balancing your inner and outer wealth, get your copy of The Abundance Loop!